How to link my SIM to NIN, sometimes in December last year, the Federal Government made a compulsory speech to her citizens concerning the National Identity Card, that all Nigerian’s need to acquire in order to link their SIM Card whether MTN, GLO, AIRTEL or 9mobile to their NIN NUMBER.
The Federal Government also gave a warning that anyone who fails to registered through the Nigerian Identity Management Commission (NIMC) or any of the NIMC approved branches so as to acquire the National Identification Card (NIN number) before the end of last year, which must be link to his or her SIM Network, that such person’s phone number will be blocked.
Due to the short period of time that was announced as a deadline for the blocking of SIM CARDS by the Federal Government, the masses have cried out loud to Federal Government for more time, so as to enable them to register and obtain their own National Identity Card (NIN Number).
Though, the general director of Nigerian Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has made a clear notice that there is no end date for the registration of the National Identity Card. So, it certain now that all hope is gained back.
Meanwhile, many Nigerian’s finds it difficult on how they can link their NIN number to their SIM Cards. Below are the steps which will guide you in linking your NIN Number to your own SIM network.
For Airtel (Users)
- Make sure that your Airtel SIM card is in your phone
- Dial *121#
- Reply 1 for the “NIN Acceptance”
- Then, type in the NIN 11 digits number on the National Identity Card
- Then, press the SEND button (a confirmation message will be sent in order to notify that you’re linking your NIN Number to your Airtel SIM Card).
Note: If there is failure on it, wait for at least 3-5 minutes and try again.
For 9mobile (Users) formally known as Etisalat
- You’ll have to access the 9mobile website 9mobile.com.ng/nin
- Then, click on the link Verify and Link Your Nin Now
- Type in your mobile phone number for linking of NIN form
You can as well dial *346# or go to any nearby 9mobile office with your NIN, together with your 9mobile SIM parks to register. For more enquiries, you can contact the customer care line.
For MTN (Users)
- Make sure the number you want to link is in your phone and Dial *785# or
- Dial *785*followed by your NIN Number, then #. E.g.*785*21234569474#
Note: You can also visit their website at www.mtnonline.com/nin for your SIM card linking to you NIN NUMBER by filling the information required below: Name, Email address, phone number and NIN number. After filling all the required information, you can hit the SUBMIT button to submit the form, and then wait for confirmation email from MTN Network.
For GLO (Users)
- You’ll have to send an SMS message to 109. E.g. UpdateNIN NIN FirstName LastName to “109”
- This is how it will look like in your message while sending UpdateNIN NIN 23112456221 Emmanuel Michael to 109
Important Notice: You can link more than one (1) SIM Card to your NIN Number. We value our visitors, so we hope this tutorial was helpful to you. Please do drop us a comment using the comment box below. If you’ve undergo the NIMC registration before but eventually loss your NIN number, use this code *346#, then select 1 to retrieve back your NIN Number, N20 charges may apply. Checking of NIN number is available in all Networks.
Thank and remain our loyal visitors. Your concern is our obligation.